Revolution 1916 – The Original and Authentic Exhibition.
Thursday 11th February
6pm – 9pm
We are proud to be chosen as the only school in Ireland who will host the Revolution 1916 Exhibition, before it assumes a 33 week residency in the Ambassador Theatre in Dublin on Saturday 27th February. The full exhibition will feature the largest private collection of 1916 artefacts with over 500 items on display, and the cream of those items, owned by the world’s foremost collector, Pat O’Hagan, will be exhibited at Gaelscoil Éanna.
Some of the items on show in Gaelscoil Éanna include:
- The actual door handle of the G.P.O. from 1916, a centrepiece to the Dublin exhibition.
- An Original Proclamation, the cornerstone and document of the new Republic.
- A black Asgard Mauser, reported to have been owned by Thomas Clarke. Only a handful exist, which were imported by ‘the Asgard’ which supplied the Irish Volunteers during this critical time.
- A gun belonging to Michael Collins. 100% authentic.
- Fianna Éireann artefacts. Unique, authentic and of the period.
- Three original uniforms
- Irish Volunteer
- Cumann na mBan
- Fianna Éireann
Extremely rare items, all used and central to the lives of those involved in this defining period of Irish history.